Organize, control time is knowing anticipate and plan, but not only because the “time thieves” are everywhere in everyday dental practice.
The most relevant tools available to the team is the agenda because it is both the anticipation and memory actions.
Productivity, stress, emergencies, managing patient appointments times depend solely on the Agenda. It ensures the smooth flow of good management appointment.
Let us use it wisely in order not to suffer for endless days.
Take some time to assess the current situation:
Which will allow you to account for a grueling everyday life?
- I’m overwhelmed
- I feel tired in the morning
- The emergency accumulate and destabilize my schedule
- I feel stressed and demotivated
- I have delayed my agenda
- I have missed appointments
- I have the feeling of working with the ‘string
- I wish I had more time for myself and communicate with my patients
- Not enough care actually match my wishes
- Too little rendezvous
- Too many patients
These are questions that the dentist can arise and eventually realizing the productivity and profitability do not meet your expectations.
But managing your appointments should be based on your professional project and the way you work (work must adapt to humans), according to your forecast and financial goals, your work time, the number and type of patients you want.
KEY FACTORS FOR SUCCESS FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF THE AGENDA:
Know release a crucial time team to determine how you want to work and manage your appointments care.
- Delegate the management to an assistant who will be responsible for the planning having taken the time to inform him how to anticipate and manage emergencies niche management delays. Discuss as a team.
- Use a calendar for your year and not one provided by the supplier, which does not always correspond to the way you work.
- Plan your care acts group of acts: each act request incomprehensible time of the preparation of the treatment room, the clearing away, cleaning, managing the administrative part … not counting the time dedicated to patient services as a purely relational approach. Know that with 20 appointments per day, nearly 4 hours that must be dedicated the day! Which is on an appointment 20 minutes 50% of the time these incomprehensible time.
Sample treatment plan: 4 back, inlay 4 core, 4 crowns, composites and 4:
In group acts are: 4 back in one sitting, 4 + preparations footprints in one sitting, 4-up IC + fingerprint crowns in one sitting, 4-Up + composites in one sitting. Totaling 4 long sessions 5 and sterilizations.
Or you may have a teeth whitening appointment, also known as come sbiancare i denti in Italian, these are the kinds of procedures that take up time and resources, but can be potentially very profitable.
The key is to find out which efforts result in the highest ROI. Work in the Pareto principles 80/20 method and concentrate on the 20% of activities that gains you 80% of your profits.